Warm ups (6-9 min)
1. Maintain a strong tall posture at all times.
2. Do each movement for a minimum of 1 minute. Do not rush; go slow and stretch as far as you comfortably can.
If you just need a refresher on a certain movement, here is where you will find the starting point for each.
Head weights (8 min)
1. DO NOT turn the head weights upside down, the weights can fall out and injure your foot or floor.
2. Maintain a Strong Tall Posture while doing the head weights. Imagine trying to touch the top of your head to the ceiling.
3. Keep your eyes level, gently rocking your hips forward and back.
4. If the weights are sliding over your eyes, you can place a folded wash cloth on top of your head to help hold up the weights. You can also try a baseball cap.
Spinal Molding/Fulcrum Cushions
1. Neck cushion- straight edge tight against shoulders.
2. Set a timer. The goal is 20 minutes. Start with 5 minutes. (Stop if too painful)
a. If 5 minutes is easy, add 1-2 minutes each day till you reach 20 minutes
b. If difficult, progress slowly and let the doctor know.
3. When you get off the cushions, do not try to sit directly up. Roll to the side then sit up.
4. Let us know when you can easily do the 20 Minutes.
5. NOTE…dogs and cats like to chew and claw on cushions.
1. Use the cushion in a firm sturdy chair. A 5 gallon bucket works well for shorter legs.
2. Use in your work chair and when on the computer or any time you are seated for an extended period of time at home.
If any of these exercises cause any sort of discomfort, irritation or other adverse effects, stop the exercise and consult with the doctor.